This is how our Christmas was spent...
Christmas Eve: Paul, Mary Claire and I went shopping for some very special little boys and girls who live at a local shelter right now with their famlies. I talked to Mary Claire all day about giving and how much it makes Jesus happy to give to others on his Birthday. I want her, our sweet girl, to be a giver of her time, money, and good deeds. Then we went to Christmas Eve service at our church. It was really special. Mary Claire was so good and she loved the candles. This was the first time we shared communion with her. I will never ever forget it. We tucked her in to bed and told her that Santa was coming in the morning and we were going to celebrate Jesus' birthday.
Christmas Day: Mary Claire woke up to Paul saying Ho, HO, HO in the living room. The sound of her excitement was so wonderful. She just kept saying " oh, my goodness- i love that, Thank you mommy and daddy" The sweetest little girl. We adopted the 3 gift rule just like Jesus got 3 gifts. She was so happy with what she received.
We got ready and went to the shelter to drop off the toys. We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. She makes me Happy. She freely gave those toys away and I think she understood why. We spent the rest of the day at Cookie's house. Paul's family is amazing. They are so loving and we had the best day.
Friday Dec. 26th- I am blogging and remembering this online to share with Mary Claire one day. My parents should be here any time to spend the weekend. I am so thankful.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
What a great thing to do on Christmas Eve with your family! You have such a sweet spirit, Brandy!
We have also adopted the three gift rule too! It is good that we have started this early so that when they get older, it will not be as hard. We try to get the grandparents to do this too, and they are usually pretty good about it, although they may stuff a few gift in one box. I guess we can't make them, huh!
Have a wonderful holiday!
Shannon
i love it brandy! so, so sweet! wish we could have gone with ya'll. hopefully next year!
love you three so much.
Post a Comment