Monday, August 31, 2009

please, please say a prayer for Kate.

please pray for Kate- i have been following her story for a while now. i can't even imagine what this sweet family is going through. please take time out if you are reading this and pray for one of the prettiest little girls that is in a horrible battle for her life.
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/mcraekate

this is one of their last posts- get the tissues, you will cry- please, please pray for Kate.
Sunday, August 30, 2009 10:23 PM, MST
I don't want to blog tonight, yet I feel compelled to keep Kate's story in the forefront of peoples minds. To keep prayers for our daughter on everyone's lips. Tonight I am frustrated and angry. No, not angry at God, angry at the evils of cancer. The chemo went terribly tonight. We had to coax and try amidst tears and screams and Kate saying we were "hurting her feelings". Finally, after about 40 minutes we were able to get it in, only to find it being vomited everywhere 2 minutes later. All over Kate, myself, Aaron the couch and the carpet. This only further intensified her misery. She cried even harder and kept apologizing. Apologizing that she vomited the medicine everywhere and frantically wondering if she had gotten it on her broviac (which would mean a dressing change, which always leads to terrible itching for her). We then had to tell her we had to retake the dose. Not what a tired, frustrated, upset, sick 5 year old wants to hear. The tears started afresh as we started the arduous battle again. Being at home is wonderful, but there is always a catch it seems. This time, oral chemo. She just landed in bed and I pray she keeps it down for the rest of the night. We do pretreat with nausea medicine, but tonight it didn't seem to work. I need a good run, a good scream, not sure what all of our new neighbors would think. And to be honest, I am too exhausted. I probably couldn't make it out the door. The battle never seems to let up. And if it does, only for a short time, enough to catch your breath and try and brave the next storm. And yet, even if you seem to catch a little reprieve, the thoughts, the wonderings, the pain, the sorrow are never far only maybe slightly misplaced. That is something extremely difficult. There is no running, no hiding, no escaping. When it is your child, it is always there, always a thought, always a heartache. So tonight we pray with even more boldness, God please heal our daughter. And we ask you please, will you engage deeply in this battle with us? Not a random thought, or a random prayer of pity. But heartfelt cries to God on behalf of our daughter. Fervent and over and over again. In a book I am reading it talks about God loving importunate prayer. And the reason that He loves such a prayer is that He loves us and knows that it is a necessary preparation for our receiving the richest blessings that He is waiting and longing to bestow....... We are asking for that richest blessing to be Kate's full recovery. We know He is able, and we believe He welcomes our prayers. I will write more about our weekend tomorrow and about her Dr's appointment tomorrow. For now, I have to go finish cleaning up the vomit. Knowing what chemo does to her body, I have no idea what it does to a couch and carpet. Thank you for loving Kate and battling with her through prayer
.

2 comments:

The Lada Family said...

Time to go reapply my make up before I have to go back to work. Wow! What a sad story. We'll be praying!

the Fosters said...

I have been following this story as well and read their post every day and pray so hard for little Kate! It makes me so sad that this is happening to this family!